Tuesday, February 18, 2014
While the idea of sleeping with your baby may be appealing, it’s extremely dangerous. Buffalo News reports that six babies died in Erie County during January, several after being smothered by a sleeping adult.
Parents should also avoid bundling babies, as the blankets can block airways and cause suffocation.
According to Erie County Health Commissioner Dr. Gale R. Burstein, “The record-breaking cold in Erie County may have led to an increase in infants sleeping with parents or having blankets placed over them while sleeping in an effort to keep them warm.”
To keep your baby warm and safe at night, try a crib protector that prevents bacteria and dust mites.
You must be logged in to add comments. Please click here to login.